Raising Pinocchio

Tales on raising a child with autism and the kismet of living in semi-rural suburbia.

Saturday, July 15, 2006

How do we women do it?

Was awake by 6am today, though my husband got up with the kids and I remained in bed. After dragging my sleepy carcass from the cocoon of warm sheets, I found three males, all in their pajamas, laying in various poses in the living room. The youngest jumped up to greet me. I managed to sip a few drops of coffee before making everyone's breakfast. I cleaned the table, then changed 2 diapers. My husband took a shower while I entertained the boys. My day had only just begun.

Cooking, cleaning, shopping, painting, laundry, and somehow trying to keep everyone happy, healthy, and laughing are all in my job description. My husband is laying on the couch, fatigued due to his long day, yet I keep going. How do we women do it?

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I don't know how. But keep writing, please -- you've got talent!

6:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're living my life!!! That is so trippy!

10:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home